Here is my attempt at replicating classic Genestealer colours. These were typically used on old school Space Hulk Genestealers, as well as Genestealer Cults.
Dark Blue Carapace
- Basecoat with Kantor Blue ,
- Wash with Nuln Oil .
- Reestablish the original blue with a drybrush of Kantor Blue .
- Chunky edge highlight of Alaitoc Blue .
- Fine edge highlight of Hoeth Blue .
- Selectively highlight corners, points and prominent edges with Blue Horror .
- Add specular highlights of Ulthuan Grey to points and within the previous stages highlights (where relevant).
Light Purple Flesh
- Basecoat with a 1:1 mix of Daemonette Hide and Warpfiend Grey . This will likely take a few coats.
- Wash with Druchii Violet .
- Highlight raised areas with Warpfiend Grey .
- Add finer highlights of Slaanesh Grey .
- Mix the Slaanesh Grey 1:1 with Pallid Wych Flesh and selectively highlight more prominent areas.
- Use pure Pallid Wych Flesh for specular highlights.
Black Claws and Spikes
- Basecoat with Abaddon Black .
- Edge highlight everything with a thick line of Dark Reaper .
- Highlight everything again, this time with a thin line of Thunderhawk Blue .
- With Fenrisian Grey , selectively highlight corners, points and prominent edges.
- Finally, add small highlights to the centre of the previous highlights with Blue Horror . Try to make them very small, dots if at all possible.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.