a basic raptors scheme that's easy to do for Raptors.
- Prime in Death Guard Green
- Drybrush Underhive Ash all over model's armour. Don't worry about hitting non-armour bits
- Wash entire model with Athonian Camoshade . Avoid pooling in recesses, and leave to dry to avoid tidemarks.
Basecoating Details (avoid the armour you've done!)
- Paint purity seals, skin and the chest eagle in Rakarth Flesh
- Paint any metal with Ironbreaker
- Paint any yellow details with Averland Sunset
- Paint gun scope lenses/eyes/auspex scanner displays with Mephiston Red
- Wash all metal with Basilicanum Grey
- Wash purity seals/skin/chest eagle with Seraphim Sepia
- Wash any yellow bits with Agrax Earthshade - you can also do this to red parts
- Use Stormhost Silver to add edges/chips to the metal
- Use Rakarth Flesh on any skin
- You can reapply Averland Sunset on the surfaces, leaving the shaded yellow in the recesses, if you want the yellows to be brighter.
- Finally, block in any black parts (pauldron edges, boltgun casing, etc) with Black Legion . It's super dark, will just look like black over anything, so be careful.
- Put Agrellan Earth all over the base. A bit on the feet is ok cos it'll look like they're trudging through a warzone. The thicker it is, the more riverbed/drought-y 'cracks' will appear.
- Wash the base with Agrax Earthshade
- Drybrush the base with Underhive Ash and add any tufts you want
- Paint the rim of the base with Black Legion