- Basecoat with Mephiston Red .
- Thin some Khorne Red to a wash consistency, then use it to shade recesses and relevant areas. Make this shading quite general, as we will be going darker later.
- Mix Khorne Red and Incubi Darkness 1:1 (to roughly the same consistency as above) and paint the recesses with more precision. Use this same mix on all of the previus stages shading too, but cover less area.
- For areas you want extra dark, take some thin Abaddon Black and drop it into recesses.
- Glaze Evil Sunz Scarlet towards exposed areas. Drag your brush towards waht should be the brightest point. Use this colour to establish some edge highlights where needed too.
- With Wild Rider Red , repeat the step above, but cover less area.
- Now take Troll Slayer Orange , glaze and highlight selectively, only picking out areas that need the most punch. Don't go too crazy or your marine will start to look orange.
- Now add very small highlights of Lugganath Orange . These should be very close to specular highlights.
- Finally, add dot highlights of Screaming Skull to select areas.
Optionally, you can intesify the red and unify highlgihts by glazing it with some Flesh Tearers Red , thinned with Contrast Medium or Lahmian Medium . Blood Angels Red is an option too.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.