Tyranid Custom Hive Fleet Paint Scheme.
This custom Hive Fleet is still a work in progress, and remains unnamed for now.
Primer and Basecoat
- Undercoat/Prime model with ( Chaos Black Black) and touch up any remaining grey plastic with ( Abaddon Black .
- Lightly drybrush skin area with ( Celestra Grey using a small frayed brush, or any small dry brush.
- Apply 1 coat of slightly thinned ( Incubi Darkness to all carapace areas.
- Apply 2 coats (out of the pot) of ( Nuln Oil over all of the carapace areas, once base coat is properly dry.
- Thinly apply a patterned layer of ( Warpstone Glow , use 2 coats if necessary to avoid patches of base coat showing through.
- Highlight the ( Warpstone Glow pattern with ( Moot Green .
Talons & Spikes
- Undercoat the Talons and smaller spikes with a slightly thinned base coat of ( Naggaroth Night .
- Apply a single shade of ( Nuln Oil to the ( Naggaroth Night base coat to darken the colour.
- Highlight the Talons and smaller spikes with an edge highlight of ( Xereus Purple .
- Apply a further edge highlight to the Talons and smaller spikes using ( Genestealer Purple .
- Apply a slightly thinned base coat of ( Rakarth Flesh to the tongue.
- Apply several slightly thinned layers of ( Screaming Skull to the tongue.
- Apply multiple shade layers of ( Carroburg Crimson to the tongue, straight out of the pot, until desired shade of red is reached.
- Apply a slightly thinned highlight of ( Emperor's Children to the edges and raised areas of the tongue.
- Apply a very slightly thinned base coat of ( Rakarth Flesh to the teeth.
- Apply 1 or 2 shade layers of ( Agrax Earthshade to the teeth.
- Apply a higlight of ( Pallid Wych Flesh to the centre of each tooth. Use the paint straight out of the pot.
- Apply a thinned base coat of ( Corax White to the middle of the eye socket.
- Apply an un thinned small dot of ( White Scar in the centre of the base coated area in the eye socket.
- Apply 1 or 2 shade layers of ( Casandora Yellow to the eye socket, covering the base, and layer coates of white.
- After touching up any mistakes, apply your preferred brand of gloss varnish to the entire model. Try to avoid heavy pooling (a little bit is fine), or touching up any areas where the gloss has started to dry. Apply further coates if necessary, until the desired level of gloss is achieved.