A quick guide to painting the main black armour and gold trim of this warband.
- Basecoat with Abaddon Black .
- Either lighting drybrush or spray a thinned layer of Dark Reaper downwards as a zenethal highlight. Stick to around a 45 degree angle. This step is optional, but worth it in my opinion.
- Now recess shade any points hit by the zenethal highlight with Abaddon Black . This is to ensure the panels are still broken up nicely.
- Edge highlight everything with a thick line of Dark Reaper .
- Highlight everything again, this time with a thin line of Thunderhawk Blue . If you want to add in any scrathes as battle damage, this is a great time to do it.
- With Fenrisian Grey , selectively highlight upward facing edges, corners and prominent edges. Stick primarily to edges where the light would hit and always drag your brush towards the brightest point. If you added scratches previously, paint a thin line toward the upper edge.
- Finally, add small highlights to the centre of the previous highlights with Blue Horror . Try to make them very small, dots if at all possible.
Aged Gold Trim
- Basecoat with Vallejo Metal Color Gold and Copper , mixed 3:1.
- Take Wyldwood and thin it with Contrast Medium in a ratio of 1:4. Now wash the metal with it all over.
- Add a few drops of Vallejo Chrome to whatever remains of your basecoat (roughly 50%) and edge highlight all of the metal.
- Now add specular highlights with pure Chrome to points and corners.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.