People seem to like how I do these. I though I'd share...
- Basecoat with Screamer Pink .
- Wash the tentacle with Druchii Violet . Don't let it pool too much.
- With a 1:1 mix of Screamer Pink and Pink Horror Horror cover most of the flesh with a thick glaze. Pulling paint towards the centre always. Paint everything just outside of recesses where the dried shade has dried.
- Paint a smaller area with pure Pink Horror . Use the same technique as above to ensure a smooth transition. This time go over around two thirds of the area, painting higher to simulate where light would hit and adding the illusion of depth below.
- With a 1:1 mix of Pink Horror and Kislev Flesh flesh paint an even smaller area, pulling even closer to the centre and higher.
- With pure Kislev Flesh paint a very small area. For some tentacles I add this highlight as multiple small lines to add texture.
- Optionally, add dot highlights of Flayed One Flesh to the points of tentacles and the centre of the previous steps highlights.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.