Here is how I am approaching painting the Voidsmen-at-Arms from the 'Into the Dark' Kill Team box set. I wanted to stick quite close to the box art, without stressing myself out too much.
Dark Blue Cloth
- Basecoat with a 1:1 mix of Abaddon Black and Stegadon Scale Green .
- Glaze all raised areas with Stegadon Scale Green . Pull your brush towards raised areas that you will highlight.
- Add a chunky highlight of Thunderhawk Blue .
- Now with Russ Grey , add fine edge highlights to all edges.
- Selectively highlight with Fenrisian Grey towards points corners and on upwards facing edges.
- Add a specular highlight of Blue Horror to points and curves on upwards facing edges.
- Basecoat with Celestra Grey .
- Mix Celestra Grey and Ulthuan Grey 1:1 and glaze towards points that would hit light. On areas where you are not glazing, add a fine edge highlight with this colour.
- Add fine edge highlights of Ulthuan Grey to areas where you glazed in the last step.
- Finally, add selective edge highlight of White Scar to points and corners that are in the light.
- Basecoat with Abaddon Black .
- Add chunky highlights of Eshin Grey .
- Add fine edge highlights of Dawnstone .
- Selectively highlight corners and points with Administratum Grey .
- Add a specular highlight of Administratum Grey mixed with an equal amount of pure white (like White Scar ).
- Basecoat with 3 Parts Vallejo Metal Color Gold , 1 part Copper and 1 Part Duraluminum .
- Recess shade with Gore-grunta Fur . I thinned with 3 parts :contrast medium to make it easier to handle.
- If any deep recesses need extra definition, I would recommend going back with some Agrax Earthshade or a dark brown.
- Highlight and edge highlight with Gold and Chrome , mixed in equal quantities.
- Add smaller and more selective highlights with Chrome . Focus on points, prominent edges and the central points of the previous stages highlights.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.