The method I used to paint most of my skulls, horns, teeth and claws. High contrast against black, very simple to do.
- Use Ulthuan Grey to basecoat the areas needed. It can be chalky, so thin coats, and make sure it's dry. Often needs a few coats!
- Wash all over with a thinned Nuln Oil . I often add just a small amount of Nuln Oil Gloss to provide a more satin finish. This has to be very thin.
- Push a bit more of the above mix into recesses.
- Alternatively, use Apothecary White all over
- Add a bit of Black Templar to the previous mix and push into the recesses. Worth adding some Contrast Medium just to give more control
- Go back with thinned Ulthuan Grey over edges, teeth, tips etc.
- Use White Scar to add dots of light to highest points, teeth etc.
Warhammer Hobbyist. Mostly Black Legion, Thousand Sons, Chaos Daemons and Chaos Knights. Drukhari for 2023. Hope you find these recipes useful!