The method I used to paint most of my skulls, horns, teeth and claws. High contrast against black, very simple to do.
- Use Ulthuan Grey to basecoat the areas needed. It can be chalky, so thin coats, and make sure it's dry. Often needs a few coats!
- Wash all over with a thinned Nuln Oil . I often add just a small amount of Nuln Oil Gloss to provide a more satin finish. This has to be very thin.
- Push a bit more of the above mix into recesses.
- Alternatively, use Apothecary White all over
- Add a bit of Black Templar to the previous mix and push into the recesses. Worth adding some Contrast Medium just to give more control
- Go back with thinned Ulthuan Grey over edges, teeth, tips etc.
- Use White Scar to add dots of light to highest points, teeth etc.
Collector of Black Legion in 40K; Daughters of Khaine and all things Dark Aelven in AoS.