This is how I painted the yellow and blue armour of my Craftworld Iyanden Eldar Guardian.
- Basecoat all of the yellow armour with Averland Sunset .
- Use Iyanden Yellow diluted with Contrast Medium , mixed 1:2 and go over all of the yellow again.
- Selectively shade the deepest recesses of the armour with thinned Mournfang Brown .
- Bring the plates and exposed of the armour back to the base colour by painting/glazing Averland Sunset over them again.
- Chunky edge highlight of Averland Sunset and Screaming Skull mixed 2:1.
- Fine edge highlight of Averland Sunset and Screaming Skull mixed 1:1.
- Selective highlight of pure Screaming Skull . I would advise sticking to corners and the most prominent areas only.
- Dot highlight of Screaming Skull mixed with a little pure white, like Dead White .
- If at any point you are dissatisfied with the vibrancy of the yellow, I would recommend adding a little ink (like Vallejo Game Ink Yellow ) into your paint. You can then glaze over the affected area and start building up colours again.
- Basecoat the helmet and and relevant areas with Macragge Blue .
- Recess shade any raises detail with Kantor Blue , watered down to a glaze. This may take a couple of attempts. Alternatively, use Drakenhof Nightshade .
- Chunky edge highlight of Alaitoc Blue .
- Fine edge highlight of Calgar Blue .
- With Calgar Blue and Blue Horror mixed 1:1, selectively highlight the most pronounced parts of edges and corners.
- Place dot highlights of pure Blue Horror in corners and in the centre of the previous steps highlights.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.