Based largely on JuanHidalgo Miniatures 'Eavy Contrast video, this is how I painted the main armour and trim colours of this Alpha Legion Chaos Space Marine.
I haven't covered the scale effect on this leg here, for this I would recommend checking out his full video. It really is excellent.
- Basecoat the miniature in Vallejo Metal Color Duraluminum . You could use Leadbelcher if you are in a pure GW mood.
- Shade the inside of all armour panels that will be coloured with Black Templar , you may want to get the deep recesses too. Make these lines nice and thin.
- Glaze the higher parts of the panels and any raised portions with a brighter silver (like Vallejo Metal Color White Aluminum .
- Paint all of the panels with a 1:1 mix of Akhelian Green and Contrast Medium . Avoid the armor trim where possible.
- Edge highlight all of theblue armour with your lighter silver. I used Vallejo Metal Color White Aluminum again.
- Glaze the lower portions of the coloured panels with Warp Lightning , thinned with Contrast Medium . I would recommend recess shading relevant parts with this mix too.
- Neaten up the trim of the armour with Vallejo Metal Color Duraluminum again.
- Wash all of the armor with Nuln Oil and Lahmian Medium mixed 1:1.
- Once dry, pop some more of the Nuln Oil and Lahmian Medium into deeper recesses or places you want more shadow.
- Selectively edge highlight the extreme edges and high points with Vallejo Metal Color White Aluminum .
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.