A simple method to paint flames, great for Brimstone Horrors.
- Basecoat the model in white.
- Wash the model with Casandora Yellow . I mixed a bit of Lahmian Medium and did two directed coats, focusing on the higher areas, and the faces.
- Mix a bit of orange paint with the Casandora Yellow . I used a Vallejo Fluorescent Red, but Troll Slayer Orange would work. Wash the higher areas, and the face again.
- Add some Blood Angels Red to the previous mix. Work the top now and the mouth and face.
- Add Flesh Tearers Red , focus on the highest points, around the eyes and teeth.
- Add Basilicanum Grey to the previous, just a thin line to define eyes, teeth and face. Darken the coldest parts.
- Paint the teeth white, add white spots on tips and yellow areas.
- Coat the model with a medium for an even finish and add Casandora Yellow around the feet for an OSL look if desired. Feather the OSL by using a bit of water to pull the colour outwards, which thins as it does.
Warhammer Hobbyist. Mostly Black Legion, Thousand Sons, Chaos Daemons and Chaos Knights. Drukhari for 2023. Hope you find these recipes useful!