Method used to paint 'warp gold', adapted from the Eavy Metal explanation by Max Faleij. Updated February 2022 with some improvements!
- Liberator Gold Dryad Bark (2:1 - thin with water, two coats+)
- Rhinox Hide add to previous mix, adding Lahmian Medium to thin and shade recesses
- Abaddon Black add to previous step to shade deepest recesses (ensure Lahmian Medium still keeps the mix thin)
- Update April 2020: I've found going in at this stage a pin wash of the above mix, but with Nuln Oil Gloss really helps the metal contrast. Optional step.
- Update February 2022: I now use Cryptek Armourshade Gloss to add warmth to the browns that some of the black can take away. Wyldwood is probably a reasonable approximation if you prefer a matt finish.
- Liberator Gold thicker edge highlight, mixed with Silver RLM01 Metallic
- Dots and finer highlights with Silver RLM01 Metallic or Stormhost Silver
Warhammer Hobbyist. Mostly Black Legion, Thousand Sons, Chaos Daemons and Chaos Knights. Drukhari for 2023. Hope you find these recipes useful!