Rough steps for my reference. I will change and refine as I go.
- Basecoat with Bloodreaver Flesh and Doombull Brown , mixed 4:1.
- Add more and more Doombull Brown to the mix, gradually shading the recesses. You should eventually end up shading with pure Doombull Brown .
- Now mix some Rhinox Hide in with the Doombull Brown , shading the deepest recesses only. As before increase the amount of Rhinox Hide as you go deeper and more selective.
- Thinned Abaddon Black around the eyes and very deep points helps add definition too.
- With some very thin Word Bearers Red , glaze the areas where blood flow would be close to the surface. On faces this would be on the cheeks, where they would blush and around the mouth.
- Reestablish the basecoat of 4:1 Bloodreaver Flesh and Doombull Brown on raised/exposed areas, in preparation for highlights.
- Add a small amount of XV-88 to the mix, highlighting a smaller area. Just add a dab of this paint to the mix, no more than 10%.
- Now add some Karak Stone to the mix and highlight even more selectively. You can use a little more of this, around 30%.
- Add final specular highlights of Karak Stone .
- If any parts of the face are looking a little lifeless, a glaze of Gore-grunta Fur should help add a little warmth.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.