My second attempt at painting Chaos Space Marines as the IVth Legion.
- I started by basecoating the armour with black. I primed with Chaos Black and ensured I had a nice even coat by going over the armour panels with some Abaddon Black .
- Now I heaving dry brushed the armour with Vallejo Metal Color Gunmetal Grey .
- Drybrush again, this time more lightly and with Duraluminum .
- Finally pick out hard edges with selective edge highlights of Chrome .
- Basecoat with Mechanicus Standard Grey .
- Wash with a 1:1 mix of Black Templar and Contrast Medium .
- Edge highlight tubing with Dawnstone .
- More selectively highlight with Administratum Grey .
- Finally, add some white into the above grey and add very small highlights, just add some punch.
- Basecoat with Averland Sunset .
- Carefully paint in the black stripes with Abaddon Black .
- Wash the lower parts of the yellow stripes and the recesses with Iyanden Yellow . Pull the brush toward the recesses to try and create a gradient.
- Highlight the top edges of the stripe with a line of Averland Sunset , again.
- Where the previous highlightbisnt noticable, go over the area with a fine line of Averland Sunset and Screaming Skull mixed 1:1.
- Finally add a small highlight of Screaming Skull within the last stage.
- Highlight the black stripes in the same way. I used Eshin Grey , Dawnstone and Administratum Grey for this.
- Basecoat with 3 parts Vallejo Metal Color Gold and I part Copper
- Wash with a mix of 1 part Fyreslayer Flesh and 3 parts Contrast Medium . Make a second selective pass if places need more colour.
- Around rivets and deep detail, pop a little thinned Agrax Earthshade .
- Edge highlight with a 1:1 mix of Gold and Chrome .
- Add small.amd specular highlights of Chrome .
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.