- Basecoat with Mephiston Red .
- Add general shading to the recesses with thin Khorne Red .
- Shade recessed with a fine line of Khorne Red & Abaddon Black , mixed 1:1.
- Apply chunky highlights of Evil Sunz Scarlet .
- Now add a fine highlight of 1:1 Evil Sunz Scarlet and Kislev Flesh to everything.
- The next highlight is 1 part Evil Sunz Scarlet , 2 parts Kislev Flesh and 1 Wraithbone . End highlight everything again, but only cover the edges going toward points and edges that would catch light.
- Now increase the amount of Wraithbone substantially, it should be around 50% of the mix now, so 1:2:3. The colour will be a brightish pink. With this colour, pick out very small highlights on upward facing points and exposed edges.
- Finally, finish off with specular highlights of pure Wraithbone on upward facing points.
- Basecoat with Abaddon Black .
- Add a chunky highlight to edges with 1:1 Abaddon Black and Baharroth Blue .
- With pure Baharroth Blue add smaller, finer highlights.
- Selectively highlight with very small highlights of Blue Horror .
- Finally mix the Blue Horror 1:1 with White Scar and add specular highlights to select areas. I stick to the points on boots and relevent knuckles, mainly.
- Basecoat with a 4:1 of Troll Slayer Orange & Squig Orange .
- Add some Khorne Red into your base mix, water it down and shade the sculpted recesses in the hair.
- Where is it darticuarly deep, mix a little Abaddon Black in and shade selectively.
- Pic out the strands of hair as neatly as you can, with a thin line of Fire Dragon Bright .
- Mix the Fire Dragon Bright 1:1 with Flash Gitz Yellow and paint a halo of lightaround the top of her head and on any prominant curls. Keep these highlights wintin the last stages highlights.
- Mix in some White Scar into the above mix and highlight an even smaller area.
- Basecoat with a 1:1 mix of Karak Stone and White Scar .
- Wash with Agrax Earthshade .
- Re-astablish the basecoat where needed. Try to use scratchy lines ot create texture.
- Finish off twith small highlights of pure White Scar .
I feel like the tabbard chould do with some more fleshy tones to seperate it from the basing some more. I went in and glazed a little Reikland Fleshshade in recesses, but may experiment with mixing it into the wash when I paint more.
- Basecoat with Rhinox Hide .
- Highlight with Steel Legion Drab .
- Selective highlight of Baneblade Brown .
- Specular highlight of Ushabti Bone .
- Basecoat with Runelord Brass .
- Wash with Reikland Fleshshade .
- Darken with thin Rhinox Hide where needed.
- Add highlights with a 1:1 mix of Runelord Brass and a bright silver like Stormhost Silver .
- Finish off with selective highlights of a pure bright silver. My favourite is Vallejo Model Air Silver RLM01 Metallic .
If any bronze areas are looking a little plain, I would recommend a glaze of Gore-grunta Fur to add some warmth in the shadows.
- Basecoat with Rhinox Hide .
- Shade with a thing 1:1 mix of Rhinox Hide and Abaddon Black .
- Chunky highlights of Doombull Brown .
- Fine edge highlights of XV-88 .
- Selective highlights of Screaming Skull .
- Finish with specular highlights of White Scar .
- Basecoat with Leadbelcher .
- Wash with Nuln Oil .
- Add highlights with Ironbreaker .
- Now selectively highlight with Vallejo Model Air Silver RLM01 Metallic .
If you want to add some shading and gradients on blades, use glazes of Basilicanum Grey and add some Abaddon Black for smaller darker areas. These are best applied before you start highlighting.
- Basecoat with Caliban Green .
- Chunky highlights of Warp Lightning .
- Fine highlights of Moot Green .
- Selective highlights of Moot Green and White Scar .
- Finish with specular highlights of pure White Scar .
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.