- Basecoat with Abaddon Black .
- Glaze highlight with1:1 Abaddon Black and Stegadon Scale Green .
- Chunky highlight of Stegadon Scale Green .
- Fine highlights of Stegadon Scale Green and Blue Horror mixed 2:1.
- Selective highlights of Stegadon Scale Green and Blue Horror mixed 2:1.
- Specular highlights of Blue Horror where needed.
- Basecoat with Khorne Red .
- Glaze highlight with Mephiston Red , towards the nose.
- Chunky highlight of Evil Sunz Scarlet in the corner closest to the nose.
- Fine highlight of Fire Dragon Bright .
- Selective highlights of Fire Dragon Bright and White mixed 2:1.
- Specular highlight of Fire Dragon Bright and White mixed 1:2, right in the corner.
- Finally, finish with a dot of pure White in the opposite corner.
- Basecoat with a 4:1 of Troll Slayer Orange & Squig Orange .
- Add some Khorne Red into your base mix, water it down and shade the sculted recesses in the hair.
- Where is it darticuarly deep, mix a little Abaddon Black in and shade selectively.
- Pic out the strands of hair as neatly as you can, with a thin line of Fire Dragon Bright .
- Mix the Fire Dragon Bright 1:1 with Flash Gitz Yellow and paint a halo of light around the top of her head and on any prominent curls. Keep these highlights within the last stages highlights.
- Mix in some White Scar into the above mix and highlight an even smaller area.
- Basecoat with a 1:1 mix of Moot Green and Waaagh! Flesh .
Soft Shade: Caliban
Deep Shade: Caliban & Black 1:1
Highlight: Base Mix
Highlight: Moot Green
Highlight: Moot Green, Flash Gitz Yellow & White 1:1:1
- Paint/glaze half of each side of the blade with Moot Green .
- Glaze Moot Green , Flash Gitz Yellow and White (mixed in equal amounts) towards the tip, furthest from the original base colour.
- Glaze Caliban Green on the opposing side, running in the opposite direction.
- Mix some Black into your Caliban Green and enhance this shading, pulling the brush away from your highlights and coverring a smaller area.
- Increase the amount of white in your Moot Green , Flash Gitz Yellow and White mix, then edge highlight the blade.
- With pure White highlight the tip.
When it came to painting the energy in the gun, I used all these same colours, basecoating and shading as I would do normally. With the two brightest colours, I etched lighting bolts into the green, then used pure White dots at branches.
Black Weapons Casing
- Basecoat with Abaddon Black .
- Add chunky edge highlights with Dark Reaper .
- Fine edge highlight with Dark Reaper and Administratum Grey 1:1.
- Selectively highlight corners with Administratum Grey .
- Add specular highlights to corners with White .
- Basecoat with Leadbelcher .
- Wash with Nuln Oil .
- Add highlights with Ironbreaker .
- Now selectively highlight with Vallejo Model Air Silver RLM01 Metallic .
- If you wanted to add some dirt in recesses, try glazing with thin Agrax Earthshade or some of your leftover "Marine Juice".
Dark Brown Leather
- Basecoat the leather area with Rhinox Hide .
- Glaze most of the leather with thinned Mournfang Brown . Use quite a small brush and drag towards edges in rough lines. This should create some extra texture.
- Add a chunky edge highlight of Skrag Brown to all edges.
- Highlight everything again, this time with a fine line of Skrag Brown and Ushabti Bone mixed 1:1. This is a good mix to throw in occasional fine lines and scratches.
- With pure Ushabti Bone , selectively highlight corners and exposed edges of the leather. Put a dot of this colour where the additional scratched above meet edges too.
- Add a little pure white (like White ) to your Ushabti Bone and add dot highlights to corners.
- Basecoat: Retributor Armour
Shade: Reikland Fleshshade
Deep Shade: Rhinox Hide
Layer: Gehennar's Gold
Highlight: Stormhost Silver
Glaze: Naggaroth Night and Druchii Violet (For Khemist pack)
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.