- Prime models with Chaos Black
- Paint khaki's and skin Rakarth Flesh
- Paint armour panels Caliban Green
- Paint Aquila Zandri Dust
- Paint lens of goggles, scope and one cable from rifle with Mephiston Red
- Paint other cable from rifle Kantor Blue
- Paint gloves, boots, leather straps and rifles Abaddon Black
- Paint pouches and belt Rhinox Hide
- Paint cape Eshin Grey
- Paint metal areas Leadbelcher
- Tidy up anything that needs it.
- Apply Seraphim Sepia to the Aquila. Apply further recess shading where needed.
- Apply Reikland Fleshshade to the skin. Apply further recess shading where needed.
- Apply Agrax Earthshade to the khaki's, pouchs and belt. Apply further recess shading where needed.
- Apply Nuln Oil all over to the armour, metal, cape and cables from the rifle. Apply further recess shading where needed.
- Clean up any areas that require it.
For the second stage of highlighting I like to imagine a light source and focus most of the highlights to brighten up the model this way. This helps to increase the effectiveness of the pose. Use small highlights to pick out any small details too. For areas which would be shadowed I use the highlights more sparingly, although, it doesn't have to be 100% accurate to physics. If it looks good, it looks good!
- Highlight aquila with Ushabti Bone on all raised edges. Highlight towards edge of feathers, top of skull and aquila with Screaming Skull .
- Highlight khakis with Rakarth Flesh . Highlight highest raised edges with Pallid Wych Flesh .
Highlight all brown areas with Gorthor Brown on all raised edges. Highlight corners on brown areas with Baneblade Brown .
- Highlight around all edges of the armour with Warpstone Glow . Pick out around corner areas on the armour with Moot Green .
- Highlight all black areas with Eshin Grey on all raised edges. Highlight highest raised areas of black with Dawnstone .
- Highlight blue cable from rifle with Teclis Blue .
- Highlight all red areas with Evil Sunz Scarlet on all raised edges. Highlight highest raised areas of the purity seal and front part of eye lense with Wild Rider Red .