This method was lifted from Zumikito's "Painting Textures on Miniatures" video. Full credit goes to him, this has been created to record the paints I used.
- Basecoat the wood with Dryad Bark .
- Paint thin dividing lines with Abaddon Black .
- Add the majority of the woodgrain and highlight around the outside of the "planks" with Gorthor Brown .
- Add small bits of additional texture, highlights to corners and random dots at the end of the "planks" with Baneblade Brown .
- You can make the wood look a little richer by glazing it with Seraphim Sepia , but be sure to re-establish the last two highlights in places if you do.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.