How I painted my Leagues of Votann Kill Team. I decided to go for the "normal" box art colours, as I've got another predominantly orange scene I want to try shortly.
To startt off, I primed with Wraithbone , just to get the armour as close to its eventual colour as possible.
- Basecoat with Deepkin Flesh and Rakarth Flesh , mixed 5:1.
- Soft shade the recesses with Nurgling Green and Fenrisian Grey , mixed 1:1.
- With smaller amounts of 1:1 Dark Reaper and Loren Forest , add fine lines to the deeperst recesses.
- Use Deepkin Flesh to apply chunky highlights to raised areas.
- Mix some White Scar into your Deepkin Flesh and add fine edge highlights.
- Add small/specular highlights of White Scar to upward facing edges and corners.
- Add chip and scrathes to edges with Stormvermin Fur . Id recommend underlining them with the Deepkin Flesh / White Scar from earlier.
- I basecoated the cloth with Sons of Horus Green , but it took a few coats. If you started with a light primer too, it might be worth making the jump to green quicker, by starting with a quick layer of Incubi Darkness or Lupercal Green .
- Soft shade the recesses with 1:1 Incubi Darkness and Sons of Horus Green .
- Enhance the shading with fine lines of Incubi Darkness .
- Highlight hte cloth with chunky lines of Sons of Horus Green mixed with equal amounts of Ionrach Skin .
- AIonrach Skindd fine edge highlights or Ionrach Skin .
- If you want to add an aextreme highlight to points, mix a little White Scar or an off-white, like Wraithbone into the Ionrach Skin and place specular highlights, sparingly.
Warm Brown Leather
- Basecoat with Mournfang Brown .
- Shade recesses with some thinned Rhinox Hide .
- Apply chunky highlights pf Skrag Brown .
- Now do some fine edge highlights of Tau Light Ochre .
- Selectively edge highlight corners and curvers with Karak Stone .
- Mix some White Scar into the Karak Stone and apply specular highlights to corners, where the leather would be super worn.
Black Rubber Pads
- Basecoat with Abaddon Black .
- Apply chunky highlights of Incubi Darkness .
- Add finer highligth with the Incubi Darkness mixed 1:1 with Deepkin Flesh .
- Finish off the rubbert with small highlights of Deepkin Flesh .
- Basecoat with Khorne Red .
- Pick out the centre with Evil Sunz Scarlet .
- Add smaller highlights, closer to the noce with Evil Sunz Scarlet , mixed with an equal amount of Wraithbone .
- Place a very small highlight of Wraithbone close to the nose.
- Finish off the lenses with a dot of White Scar on the opposite corner.
- Base with a 1:1 mix of Vallejo Model Air Silver RLM01 Metallic and Abaddon Black . You could use Leadbelcher , if you dont have the silver.
- Was the metal with Nuln Oil , pulling the pigment into recesses.
- Re-esablish the Vallejo Model Air Silver RLM01 Metallic and Abaddon Black . in areas that need it.
- Finish of with edge highlights of Vallejo Model Air Silver RLM01 Metallic .
Black Weapon/Equipment Casing
- Base with Abaddon Black .
Chunky highlight (if needed) – Dark Reaper / Black 1:1
Highlight – Dark Reaper
Highlight – Dark Reaper / Administratum Grey 1:1
Highlight – Administratum Grey
Dot highlight – Greyseer
- Chunky edge highlights with Dark Reaper .
- Mix Dark Reaper and Administratum Grey 1:1 and apply finer edge highlights.
- Selectively edge highlight curves and corners with Administratum Grey .
- Finish off with dots of Grey Seer on corners.
- Basecoat with Khorne Red .
- Shade recesses carfully with some thinned Barak-Nar Burgundy .
- Add chunky highlights with Evil Sunz Scarlet .
- Mix some Ungor Flesh into the Evil Sunz Scarlet and selectively highlight details.
- Finish off with spot highlights of pure Ungor Flesh .
- Basecoat the blade with White Scar or a pure white of your choosing.White
Glaze – Phalanx yellow / Fire Dragon Bright 1:1
Glaze – Fire Dragon Bright
Glaze – Wazdakka Red
Edge highlight – Phalanx Yellow / Fire Dragon Bright 1:
- Glaze Iyanden Yellow towars the edge, leaving some white closest to the power source.
- Glaze a smaller amount of Troll Slayer Orange towards the edge again.
- Use Evil Sunz Scarlet to glaze an even small area.
- Paint a very selective area with Mephiston Red . Save this for areas furthest from the power source, where the material would have cooled the most.
- Mix some White Scar into the Iyanden Yellow from earlier and apply a fine edge highlight along the cutting edge.
- Finishw with small White Scar highlights on points along the cutting edge.
- Basecoat with Runelord Brass.
- Add gereral shading to recesses with glazes of Cygor Brown .
- Use Agrax Earthshade to panel lines distint recesses.
- Edge highlight with Canoptek Alloy .
- Selectively edge highlight with Vallejo Model Air Silver RLM01 Metallic .
- Basecoat with White Scar .
- Go over the withe with Iyanden Yellow , pulling pigment towards the edge. Dont worry if a little goes on the armour around the outside, this will hopesully look like glow.
- If you want to add extra wrmth glaze a small amount of Fire Dragon Bright around the edge.
- Mix some White Scar into the Iyanden Yellow and paint a portion in the centre.
- Finish off with an even smaller amount of White Scar .
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.