Priming and Initial Assembly
- Assemble fully, aside from attaching heads
- Drill barrel holes with a 1.10mm bit in pin vice.
- Prime based bodies with weapons and heads still on sprue (make sure to first remove mold lines from the sides of the heads still on the sprue)
Bolt Rifles & Pistols
- Paint section of rifle in Mephiston Red
- Paint Barrels, ammo clips, back of rifle and the sight on the top of the weapon in Leadbelcher
- Edge highlight the red portion of the weapons with Evil Sunz Scarlet
- Paint acquilla and other filagree with Retributor Armour
- Paint any weapon banners with Zandri Dust and then apply a wash of Agrax Earthshade
- Paint any straps with Rhinox Hide
- Airbrush base coat with a 2:1 mix of Black and Black Ink
- Edge Highlight #1: Edge armor panels with Administratum Grey
- Edge Highlight #2: Edge 90 degree angles of armor panels in Russ Grey
- Edge Highlight #3: Edge very corners of armor panels with Fenrisian Grey
- Paint left arm and Deathwatch pauldron with Leadbelcher . Paint the skull and cross bones with Retributor Armour . Wash with Nuln Oil
- Paint chest wings with Leadbelcher . Paint the skull in the center of the chest with Retributor Armour . Wash with Nuln Oil
- Paint leather pouches and holster with Rhinox Hide with an edge highlight of Beige Brown
- Paint buttons and lights with Evil Sunz Scarlet and Sotek Green
- Step #1: Paint all of inside of vent with Khorne Red
- Step #2: Paint smaller portion of inside vent with Mephiston Red
- Step #3: Paint smaller portion of inside vent with Evil Sunz Scarlet
- Step #2: Paint smallest portion of inside vent (dot) with Yriel Yellow
- Edge highlight with Administratum Grey
- Eyes Step #1: Fill lenses with Mephiston Red
- Eyes Step #2: Paint front half of lenses with Evil Sunz Scarlet
- Eyes Step #e: Apply a small amount of Yriel Yellow within the Evil Sunz Scarlet that was applied in the previous step.
- Paint the pipes and side circles of the helmets with Leadbelcher
- Paint skin with Bugman's Glow and wash with Reikland Fleshshade
- Paint white of eyes with Pallid Wych Flesh and then dot on pupils with Abaddon Black
- Paint any pipes or other areas that need it, with Leadbelcher
- Hair can be various colors for variety.
- Base with dark gray paint. I use cheap craft paint when basing with cork as the cork absorbs a significant amount of paint.
- Drybrush the base with White Scar
- Apply flock and/or grass tufts
- Add filthy xenos skull to base, and purge!
Sign up to compare these recipe requirements to your own paint collection
Evil Sunz Scarlet
Pallid Wych Flesh