A darker, less cartoon-like scheme for 40K Death Guard
- Prime the model with Vallejo Black Surface Primer.
- Paint entire model with Castellan Green
- Apply Loren Forest Either as zenithal using airbrush or roughly with a brush.
- Wash with Athonian Camoshade
- Drybrush Armour with Nurgling Green :
- Re-shade armour with Athonian Camoshade , keeping only to the recesses
- Glaze all the armour with Waywatcher Green
- Apply a heavy drybrush of Krieg Khaki to the armour
- Shade the craters in the armour with Nuln Oil to create deep shadow.
- Add a final manually applied edge highlight of Krieg Khaki
Bronze & Brass
- Basecoat all bronze/brass areas with Balthasar Gold
- Highlight bronze areas with Liberator Gold
- Wash bronze areas with 50:50 mix of Agrax Earthshade and Reikland Fleshshade
- Highlight the very edges of bronze with Stormhost Silver
- For Brass bells, base with Vallejo Old Gold
- Shade the brass bells with Nuln Oil concentrating on a build-up on the inside to create deep shadow and also on the outside on the curve/flare of the bell.
- Add a final highlight to the bell with Stormhost Silver
Tentacles & Tubes
- Base coat with Rakarth Flesh
- Shade the recesses with Druchii Violet
- Apply a 50:50 mix of Carroburg Crimson and Lahmian Medium over all the tentacle/tube.
- Paint any exposed tubing under the flesh with Abaddon Black then highlight the ridges in the black area with Leadbelcher
- Highlight any raised areas (and areas around the exposed underpiping) with Flayed One Flesh
- Add a spot of Yriel Yellow to any pimples/boils.
- (Optional): Add a thin layer of Nurgles Rot to emulate the look of slime.