Full credit to Darren Latham. I took his vid, tried to make it a bit more Chaos (kept the flesh darker, added veins). Here so I can remember the steps!
Basecoats and Layers
- Basecoat Bugman's Glow . Several thin layers.
- Layer a 50:50 mix of Bugman's Glow and Cadian Fleshtone . Leave deepest recesses. Again, very thin layers.
- Layer Cadian Fleshtone as before, leaving deepest recesses etc.
- Layer a mix of Cadian Fleshtone and Kislev Flesh . Same as before (paint is quite watery).
Shading and Tones
- Recess shade, wash consistency, with Bugman's Glow mixed with Gorthor Brown . I didn't have the brown Daz used.
- Same again, but deeper with Mournfang Brown
- Very fine line with Rhinox Hide on only the very deepest, like eye sockets, around joins with armour etc.
- Back to highlight with Kislev Flesh on the most raised points, such as cheekbones, eyebrows, top of head.
- Same again, but with Ushabti Bone .
- Adding colour, use watered down Bugman's Glow and Khorne Red around mouth, cheeks, scars.
- Same again, but just Khorne Red . Again, wash consistency.
- Mix Thunderhawk Blue in to the red, for a rich purple. Run around eyes.
- Add veins using the above mix. Only use the tip of the brush. Very thin paint.
- Establish highlights again with Pallid Wych Flesh on very highest points.
- Run a mix of Rhinox Hide and Abaddon Black into the eye.
- Paint the whites of the eyes with White Scar . I did this as a line horizontally, then tried to follow the shape, leaving some of the black edge.
- Paint the pupil, making sure it goes top to bottom (do as a line, then thicken). Look at the head upside down to help make sure you're not doing wonky eyes!
- On only the very highest points, a dot of White Scar can be a applied to the skin.
- If you have the skill, or big enough eyes, you can add a dot of white to the black pupil.
- I used Contrast Medium across all of the skin to even the finish.
Collector of Black Legion in 40K; Daughters of Khaine and all things Dark Aelven in AoS.