This is my custom Eldar Craftworld paint recipe.
- Airbrush prime the model using Vallejo Back Primer Black
- Airbrush a black base coat that is a 3:1 mix of Vallejo Model Color Black Black and Vallejo Game Color Black Ink Black Ink
Dry Brushed Base Coat
- Using a soft makeup brush, gently drybrush the entire model with Vallejo Scarlett Red Scarlet Red
- Airbrush the widest band of highlight using Scarlet Red
- Airbrush the next smaller band of highlight using Vallejo Game Air Bloody Red Bloody Red , do not clean out the airbrush entirely from the previous highlight color for better blending.
- Airbrush the smallest, outer band of highlight using Vallejo Game Air Orange Fire Orange Fire , do not clean out the airbrush entirely from the previous highlight color for better blending.
- On the very tips of the sharp edges, either airbrush using Vallejo Game Color Dead White Dead White or use Citadel White Scar White Scar if the tips are small.
- Base coat the spirit stones with Citadel Sotek Green Sotek Green
- Paint the portion of the spirit stone facing the light source with Citadel TEclis Blue Teclis Blue
- Paint a smaller portion of the spirit stone facing the light source with Citadel Temple Guard Blue Temple Guard Blue
- Add a small white line to the lens reflection on the stones using Citadel White Scar White Scar
- Add a small white dot of Citadel White Scar White Scar on the opposite side of the spirit stone.
Spirit Stones Varnish/Finish
- As a last step for the spirit stones, apply a coat of Vallejo gloss varnish
- Paint engine thrust nozzles and grates using Vallejo Mecha Color Dark Steel.