A quick guide to painting the Eye of Horus on Chaos Marines.
- Basecoat Mephiston Red . You can apply a thinned amount of this into the crevices if you want it to look like a glow.
- Paint 2/3rds Evil Sunz Scarlet , running a bit more into the recesses as above.
- Paint just over half with Wild Rider Red
- Paint just under half Troll Slayer Orange . This has a gradient of red to orange now towards the bottom.
- Paint a black line with Black Templar (I find this easier to control out of the pot, but Abaddon Black watered down would work)
- Thicken the line to a slightly rounded triangle, or an oval for the Sauron style eye.
- Paint a thick line of Fire Dragon Bright around the black line. Add dots at the side points of the eye.
- Paint a mix of Fire Dragon Bright and Yriel Yellow inside the orange layer, next to the black line. Dot inside the side dots as previous.
- Add a very fine Yriel Yellow line.
- Use White Scar to add a dot inside the black line as a reflection.
- Coat the whole thing with a medium as the reds all have different finishes.
Warhammer Hobbyist. Mostly Black Legion, Thousand Sons, Chaos Daemons and Chaos Knights. Drukhari for 2023. Hope you find these recipes useful!