A quick guide showing how I paint my urban themed bases. For those of you that are interested, I have a guide to making them on my Instagram.
- First I bascoated/primed with Vallejo Panzer Grey surface primer. You could use Mechanicus Standard Grey if you are sticking to Citadel paints.
- I then added some depth into recesses and texture with Agrax Earthshade . I would recommend thinning with equal parts Lahmian Medium and applying all over the base.
- Pop some heavily watered down Steel Legion Drab into the cracks. This is to add more earthy tones below the cold grey stone.
- Heavily drybrush the base with Dawnstone , you can use the layer paint or the dedicated "Dry" paint if you have it.
- Lighter drybrush with Administratum Grey .
- I wasn't happy with how light some parts of the paving stones were at this point, so I glazes areas that needed work with more Administratum Grey . Be sure to pull your brush towards the lightest edge.
- Selectively edge highlight corners and sharp edges with Ulthuan Grey . You could even add in some small scratched here and there, if you were feeling fancy.
- I like to finish up my bases with a few spots of PVA glue and a pinch of flock. Try to stick to deep areas where moisture would gather.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.