This is how I paint traditional purity seals with a vibrant red wax and beige parchment.
Parchment and Text
- Basecoat the paper with Rakarth Flesh .
- Wash with Agrax Earthshade . Try not to let is pool in unsightly places.
- Reestablish the Rakarth Flesh in places where ligh would hit.
- Add a chunky highlights with Rakarth Flesh and Pallid Wych Flesh mixed 1:1.
- Add fine highlights of pure Pallid Wych Flesh .
- Add some white to the previous mix and pop spot highlights this on corners/points.
- Mix Abaddon Black and Rhinox Hide 1:1 then paint in the text with a very fine brush. I find the best way is to randomly paint in dots and dashes in lines, moving my hand along slowly. Do a secondarky pass refining for the best results.
Red Wax Seal
- Basecoat with Khorne Red .
- Paint everything but recesses with Mephiston Red .
- Paint two thirds of the raised areas with Evil Sunz Scarlet .
- Cover an even smaller area with Wild Rider Red .
- Add specular highlights of Lugganath Orange to corners and strategically within the last highlight.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.