I wanted my Dark Angels green armour to have a more forest like green effect and look less neon. With this in mind, I gave painting one a go with more natural colours. I'll let you decide how well it came out.
Dark Green Armour
- Basecoat with Caliban Green .
- Mix Caliban Green and Straken Green 1:1 and apply a zenetal highlight. This step can be skipped, but really helps smooth the first highlight.
- Recess shade with thinned Caliban Green and Abaddon Black .
- Add a chunky edge highlight with the same 1:1 mix of Caliban Green and Straken Green from earlier.
- Edge highlight Everything again, this time with a fine line of Straken Green .
- Selectively highlight upward facing edges with Straken Green and Ogryn Camo mixed 1:1. Also add smaller highlights to corners that aren't upward facing.
- With pure Ogryn Camo , add smaller highlights to the last stage, plus dots on extreme points of downward facing points.
- Add some Pallid Wych Flesh to your Ogryn Camo and very selectively add dot highlights to extreme points that face upward.
Bone Chest Device
- Basecoat with Ushabti Bone .
- Wash with Skeleton Horde thinned with an equal amount of Contrast Medium .
- Edge highlight with Screaming Skull .
- Selectively highlight with Pallid Wych Flesh .
- Add dots of pure white (like White Scar ) on extreme pints that would catch light only.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.