A quick guide to painting my favourite bases. This guide was created to supplement a "How to Make Plasticard Bases" video on my YouTube channel, which I hope to have done soon.
- Basecoat with Abaddon Black .
- Mix Abaddon Black and Sotek Green 1:1. With this mix glaze towards edges, easing the transition between black and colour.
- Add a chunky edge highlight of Sotek Green to all edges within the base. Also add a fine edge highlight to the rim.
- Add a fine highlight of Temple Guard Blue to all edges within the base.
- Selectively highlight corners and points with Baharroth Blue .
- Mix a little White Scar into your Baharroth Blue and add specular highlights to points and corners.
- Plot out the cracks with a Sotek Green . Keep this line thin, but around twice the width of the finest line you can comfortably paint.
- Now paint the thinnest line you can within the previous one with Temple Guard Blue . I like to switch it from left to right on each line to make it look more natural.
- With Baharroth Blue paint small lines where cracks split and meet edges. I like to add thin lines of this to edges occasionally to look like chips of developing cracks too.
- Finally, mix some White Scar in with your Baharroth Blue and add specular highlights to the points white cracks meet and hit edges.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.