Here is how I approached painting the homebrew Space Marine chapter of @40_cake from Instagram.
Cool White Power Armour
- Prime with Corax White .
- Brush Corax White on to ensure you have a nice even basecoat over all of the armour.
- Go over all of the recesses with a general recess shade of Fenrisian Grey . Thin the paint for all recess shading with water, down to a wash consistency.
- Recess shade everything again with fine lines of Thunderhawk Blue .
- Now take some Dark Reaper and shade only the deepest recesses.
- Highlight all edges with a pure white, like White Scar or Vallejo Dead White . Keep the paint nice and thin.
- On points and upward facing edges, do another fine edge highlight of pure white.
- For the battle damage, I used small patches of dots with Dark Reaper and then a line of pure white dots of the underside.
Red Power Armour
- Basecoat with Mephiston Red .
- Recess shade with a 1:1 mix of Mephiston Red and Khorne Red . Keep the paint thin and make this quite a general shade.
- Add some Abaddon Black to the paints from the last stage and recess shade again, with fine lines of this darkened mix.
- Glaze areas that need to be brighter with Evil Sunz Scarlet .
- Now add a chunky edge highlight of Wild Rider Red .
- Go over all of the edges again, this time with fine lines of Squig Orange .
- Selectively highlight corners and points with a 1:1 mix of Squig Orange and Ice Yellow .
- Add dots of pure Ice Yellow to points.
Aspiring miniature painter and biscuit enthusiast. Here to share my hobby and help where I can.