- Undercoat Mechanicus Standard Grey
- Base coat the lower armour panels with Kantor Blue and the upper panels with Screamer Pink . Paint the gun casing with Incubi Darkness and any metal with Leadbelcher . Paint the tubes with Xereus Purple .
- Use Skavenblight Dinge on the undersuit; this matches fairly closely to the undercoat so use this mainly to tidy up any mistakes from earlier. Pick out the straps on either side of the undersuit with Dark Reaper , and the studs on the joints with Balthasar Gold .
Shading and Layering
- Hit everything painted so far with a generous wash of Nuln Oil .
- Start the highlighting with Alaitoc Blue on the blue, Pink Horror on the pink, Kabalite Green on the teal, and Genestealer Purple on the purple. Keep these coats really thin to get a nice smooth covering, it may take 3 coats to get it done.
Skin and Head details
- For helmets, pick out the eyes with Grey Seer then use a touch of Nuln Oil on the eye sockets to give them some depth. When this is dry, touch up with Grey Seer again and then use a small touch of Hexwraith Flame to give them a transparent green look.
- For any skin, base coat with Rakarth Flesh and then wash with Reikland Fleshshade . Give this a highlight with Flayed One Flesh . They will look really sickly pale with this! Pick out the very highest raised details with Pallid Wych Flesh .
- For blonde hair, base with Zandri Dust , shade with Seraphim Sepia , and highlight with fine lines of Ushabti Bone .
- For brown hair,
- For grey hair, base with Dawnstone and highlight with fine lines of Administratum Grey .
At this stage you're battle ready, so go play!
Highlights and optional details.
- Use Stormhost Silver on the metal and Sycorax Bronze on the bronze joint studs or other brass details.
- Edge highlight with Hoeth Blue on the blue, Emperor's Children on the pink, Sybarite Green on the teal, and Warpfiend Grey on the purple.
- For plasma coils, base them with a thinned down Warpstone Glow then shade with Nuln Oil in the recesses. Highlight back up with Warpstone Glow then pick out the top of the coil with Moot Green . If you want, you can add a shade of Hexwraith Flame for a richer green.
- If you want to do some scorch on the barrel, use a ring of Drakenhof Nightshade at the tip, then a ring of Druchii Violet overlapping this, then a ring of Seraphim Sepia .