Belonging to the 6th Plague Company, the warband of the Glooming Lords have a particular hatred for the followers of Tzeentch whose riotous vibrancy is antithetical to these morose followers of Nurgle.
This is my Glooming Lords scheme. I went with a more desaturated green for the trim, allowing the blues and purples to add visual interest.
- Prime with Chaos Black
Black (Armour Panels)
- Drybrush over the primer with Abaddon Black to even coverage.
- Highlight the edges with Stegadon Scale Green
- Highlight fine points and sharp edges with Fenrisian Grey
Green (Armour Trim)
- Base the trim with Death Guard Green
- Shade over the trim with Athonian Camoshade focusing on the recesses.
- Highlight fine points and edges with Nurgling Green
- Base with Leadbelcher
- Shade all over with Nuln Oil
- Drybrush the area sparingly with Leadbelcher
- Add rust effects using Skrag Brown thinned with Lahmian Medium
- Base with Naggaroth Night
- Shade in the recesses with Nuln Oil
- Highlight the edges with Xereus Purple
- Highlight fine points with Emperor's Children
I like to also like to use these colours for my plasma coils.
- Base with Sotek Green
- Shade over with Drakenhof Nightshade
- Layer over the middle with Temple Guard Blue , leaving some Sotek Green in the darker recesses.
- Highlight with Baharroth Blue
- Highlight fine points with Baharroth Blue mixed 1:1 with White Scar
- Base with Retributor Armour
- Shade over with Agrax Earthshade
- Edge highlight with Stormhost Silver focusing on points and sharp edges.
Grey (Armour Ribbing)
- Base with Mechanicus Standard Grey
- Shade with Nuln Oil
- Highlight with Dawnstone
- Base with Rhinox Hide
- Shade in the recesses with Agrax Earthshade
- Highlight the edges with Skrag Brown
- Add a finer highlight with Ushabti Bone
Amateur tabletop painter of Warhammer 40k and Age of Sigmar miniatures.