- Prime with Mechanicus Standard Grey
- Paint the armor plate with Wraithbone and the skeleton part with Leadbelcher . For model with spine on the back paint also with Leadbelcher . Paint the shoulder with Black Templar . For the pipe that goes from the back to the weapon paint it with Eshin Grey .
- Paint the weapon with Black Templar .
- Do a very subtle drybrush of Dawnstone all over the weapon.
- Paint all the metallic part (blade, handle,...) with Leadbelcher .
- On the barrel and heat dissipator, paint the recess with Wraithbone then with Evil Sunz Scarlet .
- Do edge highlight around the recess with Fire Dragon Bright .
- Create a shade of Evil Sunz Scarlet with Lahmian Medium . Using 1 drop of Evil Sunz Scarlet for 4 of Lahmian Medium seems to be a good solution. Apply this shade over the remaining black part of the barrel. Usually 2/3 layers is necessary.