Paint recipe for the Novamarine Space Marine chapter.
Based on the tutorial provided by Duncan Rhodes @ WHTV - https://youtu.be/2FqVJMBL-eY
- Prime the model with a grey primer, such as Grey .
- Paint the models upper-right and lower-left using multiple thin coats of Rakarth Flesh .
- Paint the upper-left and lower-right using multiple thin coats of Kantor Blue .
- Paint the gun casing, the undersuit and any metal parts with Black Templar .
- Paint up any metal parts with Leadbelcher and paint gold accents with Retributor Armour .
- Coat all the silver metal and black parts with Nuln Oil . Coat the gold detail with Reikland Fleshshade .
- Paint the eye lenses with a white base like White .
Highlighting & detail
- Wash the Rakarth Flesh with thinned Agrax Earthshade and the Kantor Blue : with thinned Drakenhof Nightshade , paying attention on recesses.
- Thin Macragge Blue and layer it over the Kantor Blue to bring up the blue colour, avoiding the recesses. Tidy any Agrax Earthshade overspill with more Rakarth Flesh .
- Add highlights to the upper faces of any Leadbelcher with Stormhost Silver .
- Paint any purity seals with Screamer Pink & Rakarth Flesh , followed by a wash of Agrax Earthshade .
- Apply a layer of Blood Angels Red over the eye lenses.
- Base as required. I used Astrogranite with a coat of Mechanicus Standard Grey , followed by Nuln Oil and a drybrush of Administratum Grey .